Hafan
Home
 | 
 | 
Chwilio
Search
 | 
 | 
Hanes a dogfennau
History & records
 | 
 | 
Dogfennau Amrywiol
Miscellaneous documents




Gwaddolion bywoliaeth Llangynfelyn

Endowments of the Living of Llangynfelyn


Diocese of St. Davids.

Particulars relating to Endowments etc., of Livings.

Vol. III. - Archdeaconry of Cardigan.

By T. W. Barker

Diocesan Registrar of St. Davids Diocese

June, 1907.

Carmarthen: Printed by W. Spurrell and Son

LLANGYNFELYN.

A PERPETUAL CURACY.

In Private Patronage.

Extract from Bacon's Liber Regis under the head of Not in Charge: - "Llanganfeling alias Llangynfelin alias Llangafalon C (St. Cynfelin) Bishop Patr. 6 13s. 4d. certified value."

Value in 1809, 29 9s. 4d., arising from Augmentation, Fixed Stipend and Surplice Fees.

The Report of 1835 gives the gross and net value as 83.

Gross income in 1906, 143 7s. 2d., consisting of the following annual payments: -

1. 6 13s. 4d. charged on the Tithe Rent-charge, and paid by the Lay Impropriator.

2. 5 10s., annual value of fields in the parish of Llangynfelin, containing 3.137 acres, and numbered 466, 423 and 627 on the Ordnance Map.

3. 30 received from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners.

4. 101 3s. 10d. received from the Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty.

------------

1. The Tithe Rent-charge of the parish, commuted at 220, belongs to lay impropriators. The stipend of 6 13s. 4d. is secured by Stipend Deed of 1772 by Mr. John Chichester.

2. This land was bought in 1899 by the Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty for 154 14s. 2d. out of benefactions and grants, as shown under No. 4.

3. The 30 consists of the following sums: (a) 3 interest on 100 subscriptions in 1886, (b) 3 interest on 100 from Diocesan Fund in the same year, (c) 6 annual grant made on 6th May, 1886, to meet such gifts, (d) 3 interest on 100 subscriptions in 1901, (e) 3 interest on 100 from Diocesan Fund in same year, (f) 6 interest on 200 grant made on 18th April, 1901, to meet such gifts, (g) 1 10s., interest on 50 subscriptions in 1905, (h) 1 10s., interest on 50 from Diocesan Fund in same year, and (i) 3 interest on 100 granted on 4th May, 1905 to meet such gifts.

4. The 101 3s. 10d. is interest on 3,373 2s. 1d., composed of the following sums: (a) 1,524 11s. 10d., consisting of 200 and 1,200 grants made in 1810 and 1816 out of the Parliamentary Grants by lot, with 124 11s. 10d. added as profits on stock transactions in connection therewith; (b) 10 12s. 9d., balance of 200 grant made in 1811 out of the Royal Bounty money by lot, after deducting 189 7s. 3d. spent on the Parsonage in 1870; (c) 400 in 1890, consisting of 100 given by the Bishop of St. David's, 100 from Diocesan Fund, and 200 grant to meet such gifts; (d) 245 5s. 10d., balance of 400 in 1897, consisting of 100 subscriptions, 100 from Diocesan Fund, and 200 grant to meet such gifts, less the 154 14s. 2d. expended in the purchase of land, No. 2 above; and (e) 1,192 11s. 8d., proceeds of sale of Bounty lands in 1868 and 1870, 1,200 with 41 6s. 10d. added in respect of profits on stock transactions, less 13 8s. 2d. costs in 1869, and 35 7s. in 1870. The lands sold were (1) a farm in the parish of Llanrhystid, bought in 1776 for 400, the amount of two grants of 200 each made in 1747 and 1776 (or 1767) out of the Royal Bounty money by lot, and sold in 1870 for 900, and (2) lands in the parish of Lledrod, bought in 1813 for 200 grant made in 1786 out of the Royal Bounty money by lot, and sold in 1868 for 300.

The Parish Church has a burial-ground containing about an acre, a portion of which, 40 yards by 60 yards, was given by the Bishop of St. David's and Mrs. Basil Jones on 20th September, 1877.

There is a Mission Room at Taliesin.

The Parsonage has a Stable, etc., and garden containing about 38 perches. The site, 1a. 1r. 18p. in extent, valued at 59 10s., was given by Sir Pryse Pryse, and conveyed to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners by Deed dated 27th April, 1868. As mentioned above the Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty spent 189 7s. 3d. on the Parsonage. The Ecclesiastical Commissioners have expended 540 10s. on it, made up of 240 10s., subscriptions in 1868, and 300 granted on 18th June, 1868, to meet such gift and the benefaction of the site.


(pp. 131-2)


[Brig y dudalen/Top of page][Hawlfraint/Copyright]